First opinion of US

Since the leak came out one of the major complaints was that they were adding the US instead of the african civs. Now that we know African civs are on the way everyone just dropped it and found other things to complain about. There are threads complaining about things we already know aren’t true (like getting 3 factories) whereas there’s silence on the “community requested” African civs.

2 Likes

The AoE3 subreddit has a much more positive attitude. It was pretty toxic for a couple days but it already came around.

As a mainly treaty player I do not think they will be insanely good in it. They have very few eco cards in the deck from what I can see so their long game might suffer significantly. They have a good trade card (Boston Tea Party) by taking Massachusetts going into commerce age. They also get an early factory in age 3 (from New Hampshire), now you can not upgrade it until age 4 so who knows how useful that will be. You can get an absurd amount of settlers/villagers with them though, 99 settlers, 5 settler wagons, 3 CDB, and up to 15 pilgrims if you get all 5 TC’s possible with them. 122 total settlers is a lot, however 5 wagons takes up 10 pop which is a lot. You will probably have to kill some normal settlers before the treaty ends to make a reasonable sized army. I do not know if this many vills makes up for missing a butt load of eco cards. Will be fun to try and find out though!

1 Like

Join the Discords, they are way more positive there than some of the people on these forums.

I really like how USA’s age up and wish the age up politicians of the other civs get reworked to make them as rewarding.

2 Likes

yes ,we should also join American civilization in aoe2&4,

2 Likes

Lazy comment here. If you had watched entire video, you would have seen you can only get two factories. Only let you use 2 of the 3, but gives option to send in age 3.

1 Like

Stupidity of adding them? do I sense some Anti-Freedom sentiment here?

1 Like

It is of course because we only received a few seconds of video that have already beem analyzed to the last detail, in contrast with a video actually presenting the civ and 15 videos explaining the civ by a big creator content in the community. There is just more info to talk about. But to talk about “endless pessimism” it’s just not true, some people know what they want from the game and what not, but its not all complaining

1 Like

The USA seems relatively balanced but it’s hard to tell before playing them.

What is strong:

• Immigrant cards
  • XP crates
  • Early factory (no cannons though)
  • Essentially consulate units trainable in Forts
  • Minuteman can be called multiple times (Global cooldown)

What is weak:

• No regular settler shipments
  • Age up Shipments are half as good (and Asians even get a wonder on top)
  • Economy cards and upgrades are bad (Only civilisation that doesn’t have +50% everything in Imperial)
  • No Falconet
  • Church upgrades are weaker (training time and XP one) plus no regular church card.

What is average:

• Units seem balanced. Price performance is average.
  • Active abilities trigger automatically.
  • Most strong cards are mutually exclusive because they are state cards.
  • Coal mines. 2000 coin but they are “only” twice as fast as a normal mine making them effectively a 1000 coin shipment.

They seem to be more flexible than most civilisations but they don’t have very strong bonuses.
Because the civilisation is new there is a high chance that some people will find some very strong strategies abusing some card effects but I guess that’s basically impossible to prevent.
Some cards also seem very weak.

6 Likes

I love this post! I totally agree with most of what you have here, USA have strengths and weaknesses like every other civ and I think that since their base units are so average that them having the strengths they do is okay. Also do not forget that the factory can not be upgraded in the 3rd age either.

Floko is pretty confident that the faction can get to at least 2700 score, and it has a pretty good military so yeah i still think it is broken. the hussars apparently can get to well over a 1000 HP, and the gatlingguns seems pretty good as well.

Hmm, that would be insane if he could pull that off and I would like to see it happen. I wonder how he thinks it can though they are missing so many eco cards, is it the shear number of vills they can get? Also it is the special Magyar hussars that get that much health and the problem with those is that they can only be trained out of forts and are quite slow to train with very few ways to decrease train time.

Underpowered needs buff

When you have the U.S. as an ally, the Aztecs can revolutionize to become Mexico, the Inca become Peru, and Japan becomes the Empire of Japan. Allow national revolutions that cannot be revolutionized.

I don’t know how is US strength because it doesn’t come out.

But what I know is dev keep making the new civs completely out of AOE3 principle, even Sweden and Inca, this is breaking the game with whatever they want.

If somebody think this is they should be new, fun to play and don’t care the principle, why don’t add them in AOE4.

1 Like