Flags are annoying as hell

Too much bonuses that cant be lost and too much anoying to counter. They are impossible to remove cause the owner just needs a single unit or building to keep it. Ah yeah and if you can do that, it can be replaced instantly in the same spot or in the other side of the map.

First was USA and then Mexico if devs are thinking about Brazil I just hope it gets a nerf. These civs have shown so many OP strategies, its a non stop

1 Like

It’s just an all around gimmicky and poorly implemented feature that shouldn’t be in the game at all. An indestructible object you just spam anywhere is just bad.

A much better way would be to have the flag hoisted above a Fort and the aura emanate from there. To raise the flag you’d just garrison your General inside the Fort. That would make it dependant on destructible infrastructure and you’d need to give up the use of your General while it is in effect.

2 Likes

Awesome idea, its ridicoulois how strong their units become without sacrifying other aspects unlike plazas that take villagers for example

1 Like

aunque las banderas inspiradoras no puedes ponerla ni cerca del centro urbano inicial tuyo ni cerca del centro urbano inicial enemigo

What if the captured flag doesn’t disappear immediately but instead benefits whoever captured it for about 3 minutes or something? the general cannot create another flag until the existing one disappears or is recovered.

You all know that the flag has 160 sec of cooldown before you can replace it right?
That is no way immediate…
If you keep fithing near it instead of retreating and attack somewhere esle were it cannot give the bonus it isn’t really a fault of the flag

1 Like

I’m not so fussed about the balance aspect of it so the cooldown is irrelevant. But it’s definitely the kind of thing that goes under the radar when overpowered because it’s convoluted and probably underutilized.

My problem is that it’s just a supremely dumb mechanic that is annoying to face and not even satisfying to overcome.

2 Likes