Flickering taskbar and overlay issue renders the game unplayable after a re-install

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.13221.0 (#78757) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Taskbar flickers every time I click, sometimes overlaying other windows over AOE2:DE if the clicking is fast or in specific spots and sometimes leading the game to freeze and not respond for a short while.
Locking the cursor, checking the refresh rate, toggling V-sync, changing display mode, re-installing display drivers, repairing/resetting the app, switching installation directory, none of these fixed the issue. I can see the game icon in the taskbar appear and disappear at times whenever it pops up, as if the game was just launched. It is the only game where I’m having this issue, which makes it unplayable. Should I just go ahead and contact support?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Game ran fine for a year. Had the sadly common Gaming Services update bug twice in a month at one point. The first time after trying different fixes, what worked was repair-upgrading windows. The second time, the issue was more complex and it required me to format the pc. I previously played with the game installed on my D: drive. Due to other issues with the Xbox app, I had to download it on my C: drive instead, but that issue I managed to fix. Now, the game flickers at each click. I’m unaware if what happened before this technical issue had anything to do with it. Nothing online helped.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game should have worked as intended as it did before is my guess.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Due to the nature of the issue, it cannot be shown in a screenshot. Tried screenshotting the millisecond long flicker of the taskbar multiple times with no success.