Footage of Lords of the West, with Coustilier in action

So best counter to counsillier is cheap meatshield?
Happy hussar noises

1 Like

Why 55? Any logical explanation for this exact number?

And Serjeant’s 4/4 base armor seems hard to deal with. Hope they won’t be broken.

2 Likes

They have to be, so its pay to win

1 Like

If this footage is real, then i become pro Alt + F4 against these civs. I dont join the pay to win community.

5 Likes

I would love to know why they felt like giving these “insights” on how we are getting to get shafted to a random German media, but not put them in English on their own sites.

3 Likes

In the video, we can see that they don’t have bloodlines. So at least that is how they seem to balance this.

3 Likes

That is why i started with ‘If this is real’. Could also be some fan made mod or something like that

Wtf is this xD This is completely broken 111

1 Like

And it also seems they lack last cav armor upgrade.

Kinda weird they have Cavaliers in Castle Age and that is nowhere explained.

Well those two guys are FE devs and this is an official interview, so that sounds unlikely. The best we can hope is that the footage is somewhat outdated and that it would be toned down on release (and not made stronger lol) but this is pretty much wishful thinking.

3 Likes

When he selects the blacksmith, we can see that they have plate barding armour available just not researched yet. So this is a paladin civ without bloodlines (and also without husbandry maybe) which has cavalier in the castle age and gets 50% of the gold cost back on death.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell us about the team bonus and the costs of these 3 unique units?Thanks very much!

I assume it is +40 attack when the bar is full. Other that that the stats are mediocre, maybe missing the last armor.

But that infantry seems to be armored as nothing else

1 Like

Further pieces of info:

-Coustilier has a very powerful charge attack working like the monk regeneration
-Flemish Militia will allow alongside transforming all vills into Militia further production of both villagers and Militia at the TC.
-Burgundians seem to get Castle Age chevalier
-The Sicilian Donjon will replace the Watch Tower, be available in Feudal as well as the Serjeant.
-Not sure if the dev said it wrong but apparently the Sicilian bonus is now -50% bonus damage
-The proper Burgundians will be in the Barbarossa, Attila and Joan the Maid campaigns.
-Sicilians and Burgundians will have unique castle models, rest not sure or at least unconfirmed.
-They’re open to more expansions depending on community feedback.

11 Likes

What bothers me is why Burgundians gain food overtime after Flemmish Revolution ? They got 1 food per second.

3 Likes

He maybe queued up a villager afterwards which we haven’t seen.

Yeah, but he got one food per second like a relic gives gold.

1 Like

Ah, okay, haven’t seen that. I don’t know what this could mean.

We want how much are they?

Don’t know what you mean.