For Native American civilizations, what would you think if the cannons used by all European civilizations were labeled as Outlaw units?

For Native American civilizations, what would you think if the cannons used by all European civilizations were labeled as Outlaw units?

Cannons can be a nightmare for Native American civilizations. For him, just like Captured Mortar, cannons fighting against Native American civilizations may cease to be a nightmare if the cannons used by other European civilizations receive the Outlaw label.

Cannons that will receive the Outlaw label for Native American civilizations used in European civilizations: Culverin, Falconet, Horse Artillery.

Native American civilizations: Aztec, Inca, Lakota, Haudenosaunee.

Im pretty sure they already do this
The outlaw card or big button for mortars and culvs that srent super pop efficent.

As for age3, well this is tricky as lakota already demolishes anyhting in the open but weak to turtle so they already have age4 mortar, and rifle riders also exist to break musk falc bunkers. And they have a seige dance.

Inca usually do find age3 and suffer age4 so maybe outlaw culvs is ok as long as they are inefficent since chinu, jungles, and soears do fine in open fights.

Haude units are already strong as hell in age3 so any access to age3 culvs would probably break them, mo falcs or horse artillery here

Aztecs have 30 range arrow knights that do the job very well with micro, so cannons would be redundant

I guess other inca there is already options so this is probably not needed, if for flavor make them like 7 pop or so as massing these under tomos, bolas, ERK, or BR would get really out of hand fast

I would give the Aztecs captured falconets starting at age 4, the chance to build several native embassies and reduce the population of captured mortars to 4.

the Aztecs need an efficient anti-infantry unit in late games.

1 Like

I think another solution could be to create completely new Minor Civilizations that would offer us artillery training. I once wrote a Hussite Minor Civilization proposal (falling into the Holy Site category) that would offer somewhat archaic siege units.

1 Like

I’m very much not sure Hussites would help the problem with Native Americans in any way whatsoever.

I don’t think it will help too much. Cannon push in age 3 can beat a native civ. For sweden it is age 2, and since sweden musk counters cav at range ut is even more impossible to snipe cannon with cav.

It would depend on the map (I guess)

1 Like