For the devs: Downgrade in Graphics Quality, intentional or bug?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 13.12327
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

At the end of the post you can have a comparison of the quality that the game had before and the one that it has now.

I was noticing something with the graphic quality of the vegetation added to the terrain (Foliage), it felt poorer than before, and I realize that it is indeed what I thought. This had a graphic downgrade and sometimes the difference between what we had before and what is now hurts too much. Also, the further you move the camera away the foliage becomes worse.

I noticed this graphical downgrade in the September 2021 update, when the ludicrous zoom was added, I think you can already imagine where it all comes from, which leads me to think, this downgrade was made so that the foliage is not as intense with the ludicrous zoom activated? (This is because if there is more foliage on the screen, the GPU load grows more) If this is meant for ludicrous zoom only, the problem is that this degradation is also affecting the standard zoom when it is not enabled, and I tried several tricks to try to reverse this, since modifying art files, grn, etc, and come to the conclusion that is what I feared, this is hardcoded in renders.bar

For devs: if this is done so that the low end pc’s can take advantage of the graphic quality of foliage in high, could add a quality of foliage “Very High” or “Ultra” that reverses this for pc’s higher range? , so we all came out winning and we can adjust the graphic quality to our preference.

Also, if this downgrade was intended so that V-Sync does not lower the fps to more than half of the HZ of your monitor this can be fixed from the nvidia panel by choosing a Vsync alternative, such as Adaptive or Fast, so you can remove the tearign and not have those drops more than half.

I also tried with Anisotropic Filter 16x and it does not match the quality that the game had before.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Compare the quality of the foliage between an old build as of September 2021, the further you move the camera (Speaking of reasonable distances obviously) it will have a worse downgrade, even in the default camera.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Preserve that graphical downgrade in the “Foliage” quality “High”, and revert to the quality it had before by adding a “Foliage” quality “Very High” or “Ultra”.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

It would be great if a dev can explain to us why this is and if more accessibility can be added to choose between the previous quality or this one for both types of pc’s.

2 Likes

No news on this? ;-;