FPS drop / stutter only in multiplayer

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 37906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Severe FPS drops and stuttering only in multiplayer. Eventually as game progresses, the FPS will drop to roughly 15-25, but with the stuttering, it feels like 10. In single player or campaign, such issue does not exist. What I have tried: moving game to SSD, switching different server including LAN, include different types of AI such as Barbarians.

I have a 8700k OC 5ghz and 1080ti so hardware is not a limitation. However, since the game runs on DX11, I did find that in single player, when one core is at close to 100%, the fps will be generally 60-70fps. In multiplayer, when I have 15-20fps, one core is still at 100%, which makes me think that such fps drop only in multiplayer may be some optimization issue. In spectator mode, the units still lag and stutter, but my FPS remains high and my camera is smooth.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game of multiplayer, regardless AI, modes, or maps.
  2. See FPS drop and stuttering

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).