FPS drop when game ends in patch 63727

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 63727
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When a game ends, there is a lag between the opponent resigning and the “Victory is Yours” screen.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a game (I tried with AI)
  2. Once AI resigns, observe Lag

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

No lag between the game ending and the victory screen.

3 Likes

same problem here, the game gets stuck for a few seconds (fps drop to 5) when i win a victory.

Same for me. When my opponent resigned my game stopped for about 2-3 seconds. It was really big lag.
I’m not 100% sure but it seems that Summary Screen after a game was also more lagged than normally.

Also noticed the lag, it wasn’t there prior to this hotfix

I am not sure if this might fix it but I got my FPS back from turning off whisper mode in geforce experience, I am not sure how this will affect fps overall

3 Likes

doesn’t solve the issue on gpus under mobile gtx 1060, as its not available

1 Like

Sounds promising but as @KG19991380 said Whispering Mode is only available for GTX 1060 and higher.
I’m using mobile GTX 1050 and don’t have access to Whispering Mode so I can’t enable/disable it. This issue was introduced in patch 63727, I’ve never seen it before.

I dont know if this will help others but I have also found that changing the Maximum framerate setting for the game individually also increases FPS even with whisper mode, so maybe this will help for older models.

Hello everyone, I would like to kindly ask if this issue is still present or not for your systems, and if so could you post some screenshots and/or videos of this issue occurring with FPS counter visible? Thanks in advance! :+1:

Hi, this issue still persists. When the game ends, the game is frozen for 3 to 4 seconds.

I can confirm that issue still persists.
I just played a few 1vs1 games. Issue is visible every time I won a game. For a few seconds game is not responding to any action.

Unfortunately I didn’t record any video with this issue so far.

Hi @gmenyhart,
Please check attached video. This is just a 3 minutes game vs Easy AI with “whole lot of love” cheat just to make is quicker. As you can see, end game lag it noticeable. In longer games vs real human in my opinion lag is much more severe.

Thank you for the video and the report, we’re now tracking this issue internally. :+1: