Free download code for Rise of Nations: Extended Edition for pre-ordering Age of Empire DE [fixed]

[fixed] I had to use Internet Explorer (instead of Google Chrome) to activate the code… someone also has the same issue and it worked for him by typing the code instead of copy+paste[fixed]

I got an e-mail today from Microsoft apologizing on the delay of the release date, and they gave me a free download code for Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

I think this is a great idea to please your customer, but the code provided to me doesn’t work.

I have tried using the code with Windows Store, with the link provided in the e-mail, and using my Steam account. All saying the code is invalid…

Who can I contact to get a working code?

Here’s a screenshot of the e-mail I rec’d… Is it legit?

@Deafknight said:

Here’s a screenshot of the e-mail I rec’d… Is it legit?

It’s legit. Read today’s blog post: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Pre-order Update - Age of Empires

Age of Empires Definitive Edition, not hd. In title.

@Deafknight said:
I got an e-mail today from Microsoft apologizing on the delay of the release date, and they gave me a free download code for Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

I think this is a great idea to please your customer, but the code provided to me doesn’t work.

I have tried using the code with Windows Store, with the link provided in the e-mail, and using my Steam account. All saying the code is invalid…

Ok
so i think the issue is that you cannot copy and paste it, you actually have to type it in
thats what i did the second time, and it worked

@slonxlegend said:

@Deafknight said:

Ok
so i think the issue is that you cannot copy and paste it, you actually have to type it in
thats what i did the second time, and it worked

I got it working before I saw your method… I tried clicking on the link provided in the e-mail with Internet Explorer and it worked - I was using Google Chrome earlier today.

Weird…

I haven’t got any code. :neutral:

@KGB91 said:

did you pre-order game and get refunded? if you preordered after delay was announced you get nothing

@tempires said:

@KGB91 said:

did you pre-order game and get refunded? if you preordered after delay was announced you get nothing

I did get a refund…

what is that e-mail??? I’ve not received it. :#
and I’m waiting for one month to be allowed to participate in the beta test
or only for US customers?

i got access to the beta but i have not go this E- mail yet

I got a refund and still don’t have rise of nations code. Got a beta invite but don’t have it in insider hub. grrr

@tempires said:

@KGB91 said:

Excuse me,when do you receive the mail?I pre-ordered it on 10.14,but I dont receive anything。

@sin3594 said:
what is that e-mail??? I’ve not received it. :#
and I’m waiting for one month to be allowed to participate in the beta test
or only for US customers?

Could you tell me when do you pre-order the game? I pre-ordered it on 10.14 and I dont receive anything。I am a Chinese player 。I doubt its only for Americans ,too。

I never got an e-mail about the delay, never got a refund, nor this e-mail for a free RoN code.

@PhatFish said:
I never got an e-mail about the delay, never got a refund, nor this e-mail for a free RoN code.

Hi @PhatFish, Check your spam folder on the same Microsoft Account you used to pre-order the game. If there’s nothing in your spam folder, send a private message to either @jennywaboom or @snickerdoodle.

MS e-mails are never in my spam. I checked to be sure. Will PM then, thanks.