French translation issues abound

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 42848
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

1. Hint template on loading screen reads [civ] [tip]. In English this yields “Celts Tip” or something of the kind (haven’t played in English). But in French it reads “Celtes Astuce” which is nonsense.

2. All villagers are referred to by their masculine job titles.

3. The Spanish tech tree reads “améliorations de la forge gratuites” which means blacksmith upgrades are all FREE. It should say: “améliorations de la forge ne coûtent pas d’or” to accurately reflect the fact that they only cost no GOLD.

Will update as I notice more.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

After sending an invitation, taking it back is translated two different ways. The button reads « se rétracter » (which means “to recant”) while the tooltip says « retirer l’invitation ». I suggest that the button say « annuler » (it could just say « retirer » but unlike the tooltip where there’s context, I think it would be odd, whereas « annuler » is unambiguous anywhere).

The hotkey group “parcourir les commandes” means “go through the commands”, when it should be “commandes de sélection” (selection commands) or similar.

The Byzantine tech tree says “tour de guet gratuite”. It’s trying to say “town watch”, but this means “watch tower” and is the word used for “watch tower” in game. Watch towers are not free for Byzantines (if only).

Individual sheep are referred to as “Moutons” (pl.) instead of “Mouton” (sg.)

When you are in a group in the ranked matchmaking lobby, and you accept an invitation, the prompt says: “Voulez-vous vraiment quitter?” i.e., “Do you really want to quit?” It omits any mention of quitting your current group, and should read: “Voulez-vous vraiment quitter votre groupe actuel?”

The stats screen says “Tribut envoyé/perçu” which means “Tribute sent / perceived”. It should say “Tribut envoyé/reçu” to mean “received”.

As of the current patch, Byzantines’ civ bonus translated in French reads “fire galleys have 25% more attack” instead of “25% faster attack”.

1 Like