Friends are shown as offline - Invites aren't received - Lobby can't be found

Hi,

I’m encountering this weird situation where my online friends aren’t shown online. This wasn’t a big issue, as the invites could be send to them- even when shown offline. However, since tonight, the invites aren’t coming through anymore. Making a public lobby didn’t resolve the issue, as the lobby couldn’t be found in the lobby overview.

To make it weirder. Earlier tonight we were able to start up a lobby and play a game. Our 4th friend joined (which we have played with yesterday) and then the issue started.

I’m playing on pc, through the xbox platform. My friends all play on Xbox.

Anyone else encountered this? If so, is there a fix known?

2 Likes

Yep! Having this exact issue, we played one game together and upon trying to create a new lobby were no longer able to receive invites.

Can’t even send invites through the xbox interface either as its greyed out.

Version 101.102.9814.0

same problems here, trying to join my friend who is playing on xbox, I am playing on pc via the xboxapp. invites are not going trough, online friends are show offline.

Servers are currently down, sry for the issues.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Okay…but ranked is working fine for me still?

I am on Xbox and unable to invite or join friend anymore. Yesterday was able to, today can’t. Tried both exiting, closing app, full Xbox resets holding down button. We cannot join games on aoe2 de Xbox version. As re we alone?

Just not able to connect with friends in a lobby i created

Details:
You may have problems joining multiplayer games, or finding other players.

Maybe not everything is down :smiley:

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: versión 101.102.9814.0(#75350)0
  • Platform: Xbox one and PC
  • Operating System: Xbox one s , Windows11Pro
  • Gamertag: HRCFAns

Issue:

Cuando creas una partida multijugador personalizada en consola y intentas invitar a amigos a aparecen como desconectado cuando están conectados y las invitaciones al juego no llegan a la consola Xbox one

Además no te deja la opción de enviar una invitación al juegos desde fuera del juego . aparece en gris

When you create a custom multiplayer game on console and try to invite friends to appear as offline, when they’re online and game invites don’t come out of the Xbox one console.

Also it doesn’t leave you the option to send a game invite from outside the game. appears in gray, (the other player owns a copy of the game)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

Im having the same problem. Purchased the game yesterday to play with my brother. Im on PC and he is on xbox. Brother shows as offline when he is online. He receives invites but is unable to join. This has been going on for 2 days.