Full Tech tree option what's it for?

The ingame text says that if i enable this i will be able to train all units in the game but playing as italians i could not train teutonic knights or cataphracts or any other unique unit other then aztec warrior in barrack and mameluke and elephant in stables … Am i doing something wrong? How do i enable all the units to be trained?.

UU are excluded.

You get all other units, techs, …

1 Like

It’s fine. It’s only general tech unlocked. You need to make a mod/scenario to what you are asking for.

1 Like

Ah crud!!! Thanks for the info, much appreciated!! To be honest i was hoping to see UU in there as well …

Should have been nice to have included unique buildings and units. Would be perfect for roleplaying and custom campaign making.

you can make eagles with chinese for example thou you lack all civ bonuses and UTs, you get access to UU and elite. Some civs are sad with this option and some are good, for example maguadai frie slower, longbows have 3 less range and persians get heresy thou their elephants are slower

that is already happening if full tech tree is turned on

Yeah but i was hoping to get all the European uniques for what ever faction i chose to play with.

Thanks for the answers everyone!!

That Frankish Paladin looked sooo good! :frowning:
A shame i cant get it unless its on a scenario.

you can do that in the scenario editor with triggers (enable/disable tech and change research location)

Every player gets to play on equal grounds. That’s about it. It’s basically a mirror match but without civ bonuses.

This a fairly detailed overview by SotL about the All Techs mode.

I was not aware of the triggers. Hmmm il go check that out.

Well so far the trigger scenarios only allow me to spawn something in the map but not give me the ability to train the Unique unit or hero in a barrack or castle.

it can be done, check alkhalims videos on yt (it even has a video for costume upgrades for the units)

You were right! My bad XD
Here’s the evidence

Playing as teutons i can now train many unique units from other factions XD