These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: Version 101.102.24724.0 (#90260) 11771158
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Players are supposed to receive an attack notification when their units are attacked by predator animals such as Wolves. This notification does not play on custom maps.
This behavior is what I’ve observed through testing in the current live patch (as of August 25, 2023):
- Attack notifications play correctly for Wolves in standard DE maps (such as Arabia).
- Attack notifications do not play for custom maps (including the ES custom maps bundled with the game) when loaded through the single player or multiplayer menus.
- Attack notifications play correctly for custom maps if they are launched through the scenario editor.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Go to the single player menu (or multiplayer menu).
- Select any custom map that contains Wolves (such as ES_Graveyards).
- Feed your Villagers to the Wolves and observe there is no attack notification.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Contrast this to DE’s standard Arabia, where both a text and an audio notification are displayed.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Here is an image of the text that is supposed to appear, but doesn’t.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
- Here is a custom map script with lots of Wolves that you can use to test. Rename the extension from .txt to .rms (these forums don’t support uploading rms files, unfortunately).
wolf-testing.txt (619 Bytes)