Game-breaking bug: AI can't react properly to walls in some campaigns

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39515.0.5328560
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

The AI ignores the walls or something when they are too close to castles or other similar buildings, making the walls super OP in some campaigns. Not sure if it always works like this, but they should focus the walls first. It feels like the walls are this invisible obstacle they aren’t aware of. This scripting issue/bug makes walls game-breakingly OP when it comes to playing with any sort of challenge.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue (tested on the hard difficulty):

1. Play some of the campaigns.
  2. Build walls close to a castle, tower etc.
  3. Watch as the enemies clump up and die, trying to get to the buildings attacking them.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

2 Likes

It seems that they are trying to reach castle, but are blocked by walls. Because walls are in range of castle, they retreat instead of attacking walls in order to avoid arrows of castle. I think, that they should still attack walls in range of castle if it is necessary for reaching castle

1 Like

This still seems to be happening, I noticed it in the new Atilla the Hun co-op campaigns. I’d build a palisade wall (no castle, even!), and all the troops and siege weapons would bunch up around the walls without attacking. This makes the campaign really easy.