Game capped to 60 frames per second, even outside menus

This just started happening for me out of nowhere. Why? Please HELP!

You monitor refresh rate? 60Hz?

I have a 144Hz monitor and I got a steady 60fps with or without VSync. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the game supposed to give you the max FPS of your monitor refresh rate?

Not the case for me, and for many here after Update 37650.

Besides, is there no way to display FPS at the top by default? @GMEvangelos It’s tedious to have to press F11 in every game.

Maybe try the 3rd party FPS tools?

Built-in one should be the most convenient. 3rd party overlays are often blocking views.

Fair point.

I think an option to always keep timer (and) FPS on is good

yeah… at my brother’s computer I used to get 200 → 300 fps, I checked vsync just to test, and later on I desabled it and it started getting 60 fps even with vsync off, I got a new computer way much better than my old laptop, and I’m getting 60 fps and sometimes it even drops to 30 fps lol, this game is super bad optimized wtf

1 Like

Yeah that is the reason I will no longer buy their dlc or aoe4.

1 Like

please fix it, playing at 60fps is annoying

Someone found a way around? And this is the definitive edition, capped with fps.

Hi guys!

Does your monitor allow 120 hz? You can check that in:

Windows → Settings → Display → Advanced display settings → Display adapter properties for Display → Monitor → Screen refresh rate

I think the topic is, we don’t want be capped ti a specific FPS, when there is or was a option to disable that.

I see

Thanks, we are now tracking this issue!

Ok, please dont have this be a “feature” (or at least make it an optional feature)!!! AOE2 sees great benefits from higher FPS on high refresh rate screens

I had this problem with the new update, game used to run at 144fps and then it got capped to 60. I turned on V-sync, problem solved, back to 144fps.

yes but input lag . . .

Hm i don’t notice any, the stuttering from 60fps was driving me crazy though xD