Game crash on LAN play

Hi,

I wanted to play a LAN between 3 computers but while on the lobby or in game, AoE DE randomly crashed on random computers, at early points.

Maybe it’s because we use phones with access point wifi, maybe the connection is unstable, but the game completely crashes in this case ? Just after, we could do some AoE (1) during 50 minutes and the game was stuck forever. (in all cases it worked a way longer than AoE DE!)

I noted in event viewer this thing each crash (Store section) :

Sent WNF_LM_PACKAGE_SUSPEND_REQUIRED 0x803F8067 for Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.5314.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe - status = 0x00000000

If this can give an indication.

Do other people noticed same things ?

Edit : We also tried with a true wifi access point device and ‘Multiplayer’ mode instead of LAN but it did the same.

1 Like

Does any of the 3 machines use any anti-virus/anti-malware software? (Trend Micro, Norton, etc)

1 or 2 have avast and maybe Spybot, but not all 3 of them.

Tried to disable avast agents or adding C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to exclusions but it didn’t change anything.

Is it the chat bug by chance? As in: You press ENTER to send a message, type one out, press enter and the game will appear to freeze/hang?

Nope, even if I leave the 2 test computers on the lobby, doing nothing on them, the game crashes after 10-20 min on each one of it. I mean, it firstly crashes on the 1st PC, then if I rejoin/rehost with it, the 2nd PC crashes after 10-20 min, and so on if I continue testing again.

Additional recurrent logs from ‘Store’ on eventvwr :

Message Renewing lease https://licensing.md.mp.microsoft.com/v7.0/licenses/?beneficiaryId=msa%3A1759220963109491&entitlementId=61c337c51d8d4a98ba86d9c536945bd2&policyType=Online&productId=9N2KMDVLK85D&policyKind=Roaming at /v7.0/licenses/leases/renew (https://licensing.mp.microsoft.com) (Corr: 09TBed6WG0aykvEH.23)
Function LicenseProxyService::RenewLeaseWithId
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\proxy.cpp
Line Number 431

Message Renew Response: 0 success 1 failure (Corr: 09TBed6WG0aykvEH.23, Svr: 101101018)
Function LogRenewLeaseSuccess
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\telemetry.cpp
Line Number 374

Message Satisfaction error from service: 104: The concurrent lease is currently in use by another device. (Corr: 09TBed6WG0aykvEH.23, Svr: 101101018)
Function LogSatisfactionError
Line Number 135

Message hr: 0x803f8068
Function LicenseProxyService::ParseRenewResponse
Line Number 2173

Message onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\proxy.cpp(2173)\LicenseManager.dll!00007FFF00442DAC: Exception(25) tid(264c) 803F8068 [LicenseProxyService::ParseRenewResponse]
Function LicenseProxyService::RenewLeaseWithId
Line Number 456

Message hr: 0x803f8068
Function LicenseManagerCore::RenewLease
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\managercore.cpp
Line Number 556

Message onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\managercore.cpp(556)\LicenseManager.dll!00007FFF0042DD01: Exception(26) tid(264c) 803F8068 [LicenseManagerCore::RenewLease]
Function LicenseManagerCore::RenewLease
Line Number 574

Message Renegotiating lease because of satisfaction error 803f8068.
Function LeaseMachine::Valid::TimerExpired
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\leasemachine.cpp
Line Number 398

Message Invalidating lease document for reason 0x803f8068, {4A1D35ED-81B9-3037-D0BE-7CD3350DD86C}
Function LeaseMachine::DoInvalidateLeaseDocument
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\leasemachine.cpp
Line Number 202

Message Satisfaction error from service: 103: No concurrent leases are available for the license based upon the policy card configuration. (Corr: 09TBed6WG0aykvEH.24, Svr: 101100614)
Function LogSatisfactionError
Line Number 135

Message hr: 0x803f8067
Function LicenseProxyService::RequestLicenseForContentWithId
Line Number 334

Message hr: 0x803f8067
Function LicenseManagerCore::RequestLicenseForContentWithId
Line Number 1863

Message (null)!0000000000000000: Exception(0) tid(264c) 803F700F
Function LicenseProxyService::RequestLicenseForContentWithId
Line Number 343

Message Invoking license manager because app not licensed: PFN Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.5314.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, hr = 0xD0000272
Function InvokeLicenseManagerRequired
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\apisethost\activationapis.cpp
Line Number 370

Message ServicePackageRundownNotificationImpl Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.5314.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe+runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1, sid:S-1-5-21-2590048225-3717290372-1396827305-1001
Function ServicePackageRundownNotificationImpl
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\service.cpp
Line Number 2347

Message Invoking license manager because licenses/leases require online check: PFN Microsoft.OneConnect_5.1807.1991.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, Basic Policy Flags 0x43
Function InvokeLicenseManagerRequired
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\apisethost\activationapis.cpp
Line Number 292

Message ServiceBeginAcquireLicenseImpl Microsoft.OneConnect_5.1807.1991.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe+App
Function ServiceBeginAcquireLicenseImpl
Line Number 2066

Message Licensing package Microsoft.OneConnect_5.1807.1991.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe (3)
Function OneStoreApplicationLicenseManager::GetLicenseForInstalledPackage
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\onestoreapplicensemanager.cpp
Line Number 112

Message Licensing 557EA3BB-623E-ADD9-4DFB-629A8648A038 (Active)
Function LicenseManager::LicenseContentWithId
Source onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\lib\manager.cpp
Line Number 81

Message ServicePackageRundownNotificationImpl Microsoft.OneConnect_5.1807.1991.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe+runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1, sid:S-1-5-21-2590048225-3717290372-1396827305-1001
Function ServicePackageRundownNotificationImpl
Line Number 2347

Many logs about ‘license’ , could be there any problem with it ?

Back home, I’ve tried on a ‘real router’ and I had no crash on lobby between 2 computers.

Are there any known issues on wifi ? I tried also with 1 computer with wifi, and no problem.

The wifi access points with issues are HTC One A9 and Buffalo Air Station.

It could be that the wifi part of those AP’s has been setup in isolated mode. This means that wifi clients can not communicate through LAN with other local network clients wireless or wired.

Or lack of firmware upgrade maintenance which can make them bad too.

They communicate as we use Windows Shared Docs between them, and we can join the game, but there are random crashes once the communication is established.

We tried also a Age1 (1997) game and it worked a while (longer) but also crashed after some time.

We could do Starcraft Remastered LAN games / Warcraft III / Age of Mythology (2002) without problems.

So, it should work, but maybe AoE DE doesn’t handle well wifi / phone wifi access points imperfections and crashes on first problem ? But then I don’t understand why on beta I had never the case when I played on the internet…

new experiments on the ‘real router’ …

1 computer host with 3 guests by wifi.
One of the guest has seen the game crashed.
The other had seen the whole Windows crashed… has to power off the PC.
The 3rd even didn’t have the game in its LAN list.

This last one is strange, the firewall exception is set, and it can access to host’s Shared Folders on LAN.

Please try it with a gigabit switch connected to the router and all clients wired connected to the gigabit switch.

As I told :

[quote]Back home, I’ve tried on a ‘real router’ and I had no crash on lobby between 2 computers.

Are there any known issues on wifi ? I tried also with 1 computer with wifi, and no problem.[/quote]

But a 2018 game should work on wifi as well, no problems on SC1/SC2/War3/AoM…

Besides, all PC are not located in same place and the test with all 4 computers can’t be done all with RJ45 cables.

Something new : connection between host and its wired guest was ok a while (still on real router) until 2nd guest (wifi) joined, then the wired guest’s game crashed… single computer which didn’t crash yet is the host. (desktop PC, not laptops as all guests)

There always can be issues playing games on wifi and if using wifi extenders or bridges latency will increase only further.

What is the brand and model of the 'real router and are you running AOE DE on the same or different MS accounts?

I understand wifi latencies but… here the game just closes oO

I’m in France, it’s ‘LaBox’ from the ISP ‘Numericable’ (got it in 2014), it looks like this :

The game doesn’t allow you to run multiple times on same account (does he?) so we created 1 MS account/gamertag per person.

That’s what I’m curious about too. I didn’t have the chance to run the game on LAN yet too.

Now I understand why you call it a ‘real router’. :wink:

Can you show some screenshots of your routers firewall config and UPnP settings?

Also before launching AOE DE, could you check the Xbox network connections through Xbox App → Settings → Network on all clients.

From the only computer where the game never crashed (yet) :

On 1 of the crashing laptops, it’s exactly the same.
For the others, I don’t have access to them at this very moment, is this important ?

Upnp on router :

192.168.1.17 is the computer where it never crashed, I don’t remember having done something on this screen, you think it can have an importance ?

Ports :

Firewall :

But I’m wondering, if I use LAN feature, it shouldn’t use all this stuff as it shouldn’t go on the internet?

All looks fine actually. Only, do you need the multicast option?

It will need Xbox connection for saving your game progress. For the game communication the clients will communicate through LAN if they can see and ping each other in the network. A few more things you can check easily.

Check if the WORKGROUP names are the same.
Check through services if Function Discovery Resource Publication is started.
Check if all clients DNS servers are set to the ‘real router’ IP adres.

Of course in order for this to work your ‘real router’ has to support DNS caching. Most router are setup like this and use DHCP to supply all clients with the correct settings. So a screenshot from your DHCP page would be nice too.

But you said that File and printer sharing was working fine already, right?

Another question.
Does it make any difference if you enable ‘Host as Dedicated Server’ checkbox on the LAN multiplayer host?