- GAME BUILD #: v. 100.12.30181.0
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (Build 19042.985)
After the recent update, playing a skirmish game is no longer possible. During the loading screen,
shortly before screen transition to ingame, AoE3DE crashes without an exception message. There’s no freeze, simply plain crash.
- Executing the application with elevated user rights, as using administrator
- Running the application in compatibility mode (Win7 || 8)
- Verifying the integrity of local files via Steam, which results in no faulty files
- Updating Nvidia graphics drivers
100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
I only play skirmish, so I can’t speak for multiplayer games or campaign.
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Prepare a skirmish match
- 1v1 vs AI, difficulty, map (actually any additional configuration) doesen’t matter
- Start the match
The expected result would be a scene transition to the match / ingame. The crash happens right before.