Game crash with mdmp file attached, after latest june 28th patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest patch after june 28th
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

game crash with mdmp file attached. game got more and more lag and eventually crashes in multiplayer game

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
game not crash

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

AoE2DESteam-63482-2022.07.02-05.08.16.mdmp (300.4 KB)

Hey @thieftdp8498

Thanks for your crash report.
Would you help us provide some more information on this crash? so we can accurately attach your .mdmp files to the right tickets.
Any recorded games?
Was this a ranked game or not? with or without mods?
There is a known issue where very long games end up facing a lot of lag and end up crashing, talking 2h+ in-game time. would it be that issue?

Could you also add your DXDiags? that should hopefully help narrow issues down.

Can you send us your DxDiags so we can know your PC specifications?:

Thanks!

1 Like

game is with mod, but hasnt been that long to the point of 2h+. sometimes we play till 3h+ with no issue so it might be on the server side, or just game bug.

from my experience over the eyars, I think more lag the game is (due to other players’ hardware or server lag, or game issue) the higher the chance of crash or desync.

replay is here:
MP Replay v101.101.63482.0 @2022.07.02 042308 (1).aoe2record (15.5 MB)

dxd file is here:
clevo DxDiag1.txt (111.3 KB)

anoter game crashed today, game freeze and auto closes. only me out of total of 7 players.

AoE2DESteam-63482-2022.07.04-09.51.19.mdmp (312.6 KB)

MP Replay v101.101.63482.0 @2022.07.04 090243 (1).aoe2record (11.4 MB)

the 2nd mdmp is we doing full restore with 6 players and it crash on loadup…

AoE2DESteam-63482-2022.07.04-10.04.52.mdmp (320.1 KB)

Hi @thieftdp8498

Thanks for the logs, I added them to our internal tickets.
Note that games with data mods are often much less useful for us unfortunately, as the issue might lie within those or custom AIs.

2 Likes

the AI files are build ontop of DE’s extreme AI

only with name change and simple things like build custom unit and buildings 11, everything else it uses extreme AI.

1 Like

I have experienced the same error, in online game it doesn’t even go past 30 minutes of game time when it starts with delay and then it takes me out of the game completely.

you can see the log files in : Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.