Game crashed everytime in Singleplayer, Multiplayer

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v. 100.12.43871.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 /

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Everytime when i pressed a button the game is instantly crashed and closed without a issuewindow. Weather if singleplayer or multiplayer.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. i start my Game
  2. go to the Singleplayer, Multiplayer or skirmish
  3. Game start and i pressed a button and the Game crashed instant.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The Game was work lol :smiley: :smiley: What a question

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Cant make a picture or video because the game crashed instantly. No time to press button for screenshot or Video.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
No Recording Game because Game is instantly crashed.

1 Like

Do you have any mod active?

3 Likes

Hi @squirrelsoem, thanks for your report! As EntombedCurve02 mentioned, mods may not be immediately compatible following an update or patch. If you have any enabled, try again once they are disabled.

As a precaution, you could also check your local files through Steam:

Right Click Age of Empires III: DE in your Steam Library, select Properties then Local Files. From that window there is a button labelled ‘Verify integrity of game files…’. This process may take some time to check the files but may also resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues with this so we can investigate further!

4 Likes

Thanks for answer ! problem is solved. The problems actually came from active mods!

3 Likes

Same here my game crashed after I forced new update, I bought at Microsoft store Im having trouble getting the new update now the game doesn’t even let me play single or multiplayer it’s so ay dumb

take a look maybe is this your problem too ?