Game crashed in MP

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I was in an 8-player MP game, about 1 hour in, and the game crashed suddenly. Other users reported that I showed as immediately resigned.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

I saw this specific crash once. The game does seem to crash regularly.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Play the game with MP. Wait for it to crash.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Crash files and recorded games below:

I really respect everything that’s been done for age2DE, but I do want to share some feedback.

It is so incredibly frustrating that its so hard to report a crash:

1. There’s no clear documentation telling you how to report a crash. There’s two contradictory articles, neither of which directly address what’s needed for a crash: 📌 [HOW TO] Report a Bug in AOE2: DE How to find information for troubleshooting with Support – Age of Empires Support (i note that for the second article, 0/13 people have marked it as helpful)
  2. Under crash logs, one of the articles lists which files to include. The file types are not supported as attachments in the forum where you are supposed to report crashes.
  3. I am understanding based on the articles that the more detail the better, but then I can’t include more than 2 attachments as links

The software that I work on in my own job automatically uploads crash reports. It seems weird to me that this process is so manual. Or is it automatic and I’m just wasting my time here?

2 Likes

this is how microsoft does thing, amazing isnt it