Game crashed in single player game (3 instances of log file) after the update

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 6958215
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Game suddenly crashed out of no where. Once in a boring single player land nomad game. The other when I was playing Edward Longshanks campaign 4.

The Edward Longshank one can be reproduced. I did get the achievement though.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play Edward Longshank 4
  2. Capture the relic and put it in church
  3. Game will crash

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2021.07.07-16.12.03.txt (7.9 KB)

2021.07.07-12.46.15.txt (9.4 KB)
2021.07.07-12.40.59.txt (8.1 KB)

Also add the mdmp files located in the same folder as the log files, they will help the devs to find the problem.

OK. I have encountered multiple crashes now due to campaign achievement or event. I will just upload them all.
Ohh, I can’t upload these stuff on forum. But I guess my description is easy enough for anyone to reproduce those.

You can upload them to google drive or dropbox and share the link.

After the new update, playing an offline 4vs4 with 7 AI, I encounter multiple crashes/game, especially in the late game. Similar to another user, one crash was after clicking “statistics” after the match ended. Crash to desktop, no error message. Mods are small trees, Daut Castle and the KoBHV cursor mod.

Looks like this is a common thing now after the LOTW update yesterday. Been happening to me all day as well. I get to about the 14th minute in game time and crash back to desktop. Very annoying.

Can’t be my system as it’s brand new i5, Win 10, 6gig Graphics Card and all the modern bells and whistles, my system is literally 3 weeks old so it can’t be my computer.

1 Like