Game crashed instantly since last Patch. No prozess in Taskmanager

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: b.100.12.47581.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Game is not starting since 2 the last patch. the patch download works normal but the game is since Patch released completly broken. I cant start the game and they doesnt run. The Prozess from Gamestart is instantly canceld.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
100 % Everytime

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
ii

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the Game over Steam and by Icon on Desktop and the Game doesnt start or works. Trying to start the game but is instantly crashing (under one second and then crashed)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The Game was starting and i can play

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
No Images because the game crashed instantl because they are not starting.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Nothing.

Problem in own words:

Dear Devs, since the new update of Age Of Empire 3 Definitve Edition (2 weeks ago) I am not able to start the game anymore… If I start the program it instandly crashes without even loading anything. I just have Windows 7 on my PC, could that be the problem? But I´ve never had problems with it before? Maybe you guys can help me!

Hi @squirrelsoem!

I recommend you to try some stuff:

1. In steam, Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of game files
  2. Reinstall the game
  3. Unable your mods
  4. Delete your user files

For deleting your user files, you should:

1. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE
  2. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.
  3. Delete the original and open the game again. A new user folder will be created

If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder.

If that does not work, please contact with support:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Let me know if it works!

thx for Answers and Informations! We will try it and i give feedback if we try the Stuff

1 Like

Yes, the game doesn’t work on Windows 7 since last patch.

About Win7 - there are some things that are out of Dev control. Haven’t looked into 3DE case and what is the reason. Certainly Win7/9(.1) cutoff will be the biggest thing since… well probably lack off DX9-10 support, but even that was more natural and on a fairly small scale since it went hand-in hand with GPU adoption.

BUT heere we have the same thing, really.
I’ve just checked SHS and I’m seeing biggest drop of Win7 market share in a while:
Steam Hardware & Software Survey (steampowered.com)
Windows 7 64 bit 4.81% -3.87%

So now under 5% of machines with Steam installed run Win7. That’s not a lot, especially compared to situations where games required DX version that had like ~50% share, but there should be some way to let these people play- maybe having a selectable ‘beta’ build in product properties, with the last working build that was supporting Windows 7.