Game crashed my PC with Windows not working properly since

Solution:
Install Linux :slight_smile:

Yeah, well. I AM dualbooting on 2 different drives.
I wouldn’t expect it to delete files on different drives.
But then again: I wouldn’t expect it to delete any of my files in the first place…

1 Like

no, simply no shink. Solution, boycott the game till they freakign removed the censoring for 10 year olds, and fixed 99% of the crashes.

4 Likes

The game disappearing from Steam and requiring a reinstall is a Steam problem. Look it up. What we are discussing here is the game deleting random files from your PC.

1 Like

Ok now this is serious. balance, rating problems, game crashes are anoying but no big deal, we can wait.

But now the game is literally breaking computers? I think i will also avoid opening the game until we hear something from the devs about this.

22 Likes

Honestly the devs should already have taken the game out of circulation until further notice. Time is ticking and more people will sue them for this issue in the future…

4 Likes

Another fallen victim here

I have already backed up my files and uninstalled the game and would recommend others to do so until a dev acknowledges the issue / pulls the game or whatever.

This needs to be the HIGHEST priority for the team

I_HaRRiiSoN_I

2 Likes

No need to unstall, just dont run it.

2 Likes

259/5000

I provide data for aoe3 programmers from:
Block during the campaign
computer restart
disappearance of programs on the desktop
startup doesn’t work, and almost nothing can be done
chkdsk and 1.2gb busy to 200gb busy
chkdsk gave many errors

I’ll follow this. This sounds important. And I won’t play anymore for a while

2 Likes

Didn’t have this issue but kinda awful thing. If you have important files on pc… it’s over. If it is effectively real.

1 Like

All these people having their computers bricked, but not a single picture or shred of proof. Surely someone could take a photo of their messed up taskbar? Or proof that you actually did a system recovery?

2 Likes

These bugs are literally impossible to occur on Linux, due to how it and Wine/Proton are designed, for example it always being run with low privileges and being confined to a single folder that mimics a Windows-style drive.

So yes, do install Linux if you wanna play the game without it breaking your PC. Runs with pretty much no issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, true. Didn’t consider that. Just works with proton? Or do I have to shenanigan around?

No tinkers needed. Just install the newest Proton version through the native Steam client and youre set!

1 Like

I would have liked to provide proof, but at first I didn’t think it was the game, I thought it was my pc that would die or a virus, so I admit I did not take a capture to prove her …
but I can provide you with my empty desktop and all my steam games which we have removed and which I must reinstall them all
anyways, why we would lie … i love this game and i want this game to work

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing my friend. I will abstain from the game until we hear from the devs. Losing all files on a PC is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Its indeed a weird problem, but after this many people reported issues, with several names well known to the community among them, I have no doubts its a real issue, and wont be playing until the situation is taken care of, and I have already advised my friends to do the same

2 Likes

Honestly, the lack of a single word from devs regarding this issue is outrageous already…

2 Likes

Has anyone experienced this issue and running a game version that wasn’t French?