Game crashed my PC with Windows not working properly since

I’ll follow this. This sounds important. And I won’t play anymore for a while

2 Likes

Didn’t have this issue but kinda awful thing. If you have important files on pc… it’s over. If it is effectively real.

1 Like

All these people having their computers bricked, but not a single picture or shred of proof. Surely someone could take a photo of their messed up taskbar? Or proof that you actually did a system recovery?

2 Likes

These bugs are literally impossible to occur on Linux, due to how it and Wine/Proton are designed, for example it always being run with low privileges and being confined to a single folder that mimics a Windows-style drive.

So yes, do install Linux if you wanna play the game without it breaking your PC. Runs with pretty much no issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, true. Didn’t consider that. Just works with proton? Or do I have to shenanigan around?

No tinkers needed. Just install the newest Proton version through the native Steam client and youre set!

1 Like

I would have liked to provide proof, but at first I didn’t think it was the game, I thought it was my pc that would die or a virus, so I admit I did not take a capture to prove her …
but I can provide you with my empty desktop and all my steam games which we have removed and which I must reinstall them all
anyways, why we would lie … i love this game and i want this game to work

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing my friend. I will abstain from the game until we hear from the devs. Losing all files on a PC is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Its indeed a weird problem, but after this many people reported issues, with several names well known to the community among them, I have no doubts its a real issue, and wont be playing until the situation is taken care of, and I have already advised my friends to do the same

2 Likes

Honestly, the lack of a single word from devs regarding this issue is outrageous already…

2 Likes

Has anyone experienced this issue and running a game version that wasn’t French?

Guys there are more cases of this happening & people are losing data ,pls take this seriously & fix DE ,not gonna play DE until this gets fixed seems scary & dangerous.

1 Like

yep the one who created the topic

Best company and greatest game dev ever lol

This is too serious, it’s not just an annoying bug it’s a malware-like issue, access to the game should be blocked until that’s fixed…I’ve never seen something of the sorts in gaming…terrible

I have recovery logs all over the place, many megs of text only. If they let them put them here, I put them, because I would like the error to be corrected and that no one else happens the same

1 Like

Can Aoe3 DE be installed from microsoft store on linux?

This is the pinned thread so I post again:

It happened to me on Wednesday, one day after the hotfix 4087 released.

I lost many many files in C:\Users, including firefox, telegram, steam, discord etc… and the homecity and settings in DE are all reset. I thought it was my computer’s problem until I found this post and the thread from ESOC (https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=986&t=21879).

I was very excited when I heard DE would be released in mid-Oct. But the dev team keeps me disappointed and consumes my patience in this two weeks. Bugs are not fixed (Hunts and Ships are so difficult to click/TP stucks units/not sending a shipment after clicking it), games still crashes, connection problems, ELO not working, and now the game even delete my files!!! They are not fixing bugs but just create more problems! How can I promote this problematic game to my friends?

I decided to uninstall AOE3DE for the moment until it is fixed. It likes a virus to my computer more than a game.

Also, I consider to leave this game if the main bugs are not fixed in next month. I don’t want to be rude but I am losing my patience. Do your job seriously dev team please. Thanks.

4 Likes

I think Microsoft Store is not available on Linux, instead you should use Steam, which has a native Linux client :slight_smile:

If you guys really take care about this .
pls solve the game setting being reset issue as well
it makes this game unplayable neither :slight_smile: