Game crashed my PC with Windows not working properly since

i already delivered my dxdiag and logs to the support but there is no way to know what is deleted…

Hi,

So no news here?
How many do not dare to play and just waiting for a clarification?
I know at least 5… And I am really looking forward to start playing again, barely had some time with DE before this popup up and i stopped.

At the same time, i see there are many players playing every day, so it might not be that scary?
Or?

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for keeping this thread popping up, im just eager to play again! :slight_smile:
I see many are playing the game, and I don’t see any recent reports of this issue, could it mean it has been “solved” somehow? Does anyone know? @GMEvangelos?

1 Like

This bug has been confirmed to be present as of the latest release.

The number of people reporting missing files after crashes has not decreased. Moreover, reports say that the victims were not using mods whatsoever. Conclusively, the mod’ response earlier in this thread and the notes from the developers are full of garbage.

Few reports here for reference:

Do not launch the game

6 Likes

Thank you all for the updates, and special thanks to those who contacted our support team after experiencing this issue. The team is investigating and I will be sure to communicate any updates when I know more!

9 Likes

Jesus. I wasnt even aware of this bug and Ive been playing every day. I rarely crash, but loosing data is scary stuff. How is this game allowed to be played right now?! Dev should lock this game off until its resolved!

3 Likes

If the devs are able to recreate this issue, should microsoft be made aware of this issue as well? Might be a OS level bug.

1 Like

My game has crashed several times, thankfully I didn’t lose any files, I always tested all releases of AOE 3 DE and never had any files lost. there is a lack of data to prove such a serious flaw.

1 Like

Any idea if there will be a new patch today?

New patch just came out but it does not say anything about this issue.

1 Like

​I am also worried about this problem.

​When this happens, will all user files be deleted?
​Or are some user files lost?

1 Like

I was hoping to find information about this in the patch notes too … but found nothing similar.

2 Likes

Hello! Are there any updates on this? Is the bug surely fixed or does it still happen even with the most recent patch? I haven’t reinstalled AoE3:DE ever since I lost my programs and games last month.

No reports for a while on the issue. I assume it’s fixed

1 Like

I hope it is ! I’ll be back to the game soon and don’t want to ruin my PC. Can someone from the dev team confirm this ?

2 Likes

They wont because that would incriminate them.

3 Likes

Any news here? Would love to play but dont want to risk a data loss…

1 Like

I very much doubt you’ll ever get an official word; they never even took responsibility for the bug. The game is permanently play at your own risk. You can always try getting a steam refund.

3 Likes

well forme it has crashed like 100 times, but ive never lost data

1 Like