Game crashed to desktop - No error message

I was practicing my build order in Solo agaisnt Hardest AI on Arabia
My race : Chinese
AI race: English
It wasnt until about an hour or so of ‘‘Rince and repeat build order’’ that my game crashed suddenly.
The last actions i remember doing was:
-Select 4 woodcutters to build a house + queue shift click back to wood.
-Select 1 villager from mill sheep to build Barbacan.
The moment I clicked to put the barbacan on floor the game froze, 5 seconds later i was back to desktop.
No error message, nothing.

This is my first crash ever. I played the Technical stress test and been also playing since release.

Specs:
Game runs on microsoft Xbox app
Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
ACPI x64-based PC
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 EVGA (Driver 497.09 release date 12/01/2021)
LG 24GM79G(DP)
Intel Core i9-10850K

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. I never had any crashes before but placing the Barbican of the Sun causes a short freeze followed by a back to the desktop while closing the game. It happens Vs AI as well as in QM (really annoying).

Happy to read that I am not alone with that though.

EDIT: A few additional infos, i played chinese quite a bit after the winter update and everything was still fine. I just noticed this problem in the last 2 days. So far it only happens for me with chinese when playing barbican of the sun.

@AkpArias @SadNbaD101 If you are able, after crashing please contact support with your DxDiag and warnings.log file. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I did follow your request and sent a DxDiag file and the warnings log via ticket.

I tried to recreate it, restarted 5 games just to build the landmark but it did not crash. Then i just played later some more and it crashed again when placing it down. It is quite inconsistent but that makes it so annoying and i dont want to gamble with playing QM while this is going on.

same here. Since the 06.12 every 2-3 game crashes. Thats way to often… never had problems before. I think it’s mostly 4vs4 multiplayer for me that crashes… same for my friends im playing with.