Game Crashes due to Tampering Process

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 7486483
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Game crashes in the middle of multiplayer, sometimes single player. It says due to tampering process from another application. I have verified game files, moved it to C drive, and have turned off windows security’s virus and threat protection. It still crashes frequently.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Unable to do that as game crashes

Hey @UvealLattice31,
have you tried reinstalling the game?

Hi. Yes i have done that today and did multiplayer again. Disabled the windows active threat and again it happened after 20 minute of gameplay. Please fix this as I cannot do any multiplayer without this happening.

Well, in that case please contact our Support team https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can investigate what is happening. Please include your DxDiag and logs . Steps to find those are here: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052783111-How-to-find-information-for-troubleshooting-with-Support¨.
And please add also you mdmp file, they can be found in “C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs” will have date-time format, something like “AoE2DESteam-51577-2021.10.07-10.11.24.mdmp”, it should be at end of the folder. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the help and have a nice day

I have sent it in. Thanks for your help!