Game crashes during intro

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 83607
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
    cpu: ryzen 5900x
    gpu: 6800xt

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Game crashed during intro. After the return of rome update I experienced some crashes in the game but I was able to play. But today I cannot launch the game, I restarted the computer and nothing changed. I see the intro videos but after the intro end the game crashed instantly

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the game
  2. wait for intro to end
  3. game crashe

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game opens without problems

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

1 Like

I recommend you to try some stuff:

1. Deleting your user files. For deleting your user files, you should:

a. Make sure that your Steam Cloud is disabled in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, General.

b. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE.

c. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.

d. Delete the original folder

e. Verify your files in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, Local Files.

f. Open the game again. A new user folder will be created.

If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder. Those files are in the folder -C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE<0>\Savegame, Recorded Games and Save games.

1. Can you try to add the whole game folder to your antivirus’ exception list? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE is the default, AoE2DE_s.exe is there

I tried both but nothing changed.

:frowning: I had in mind that it could be a mod causing this issue… Do you have your graphic card up to date? Did you try reinstalling the whole game?

A bugsplat is usually caused by RAM issue.
Do you use Chrome? If so, has it ever had tabs crashed (Aw, Snap!) recently? If not then sorry I can’t figure out.