Game crashes frequently once again

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

game crashing random, random bugsplats and close to desktop. link to bunch of .dmp (use to be called mdmp) files generated by the game in a single zip, probably around 6-10 dmp zipped.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 85% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

nearly every game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

not crash

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

@thieftdp8498
Does it happen with mods disabled?

hey Felizon, we only play with datamods. but I have also tested with just normal AI vs AI without any datamod and let it run its course and it’d still randomly crash.

Happens to me too, randomly crashes, sometimes I play several games in a row and it doesn’t crash, but sometimes it just crashes first game, disabling mods doesn’t make a difference, also tried disabling the steam overlay, and completely closing Discord (which maybe made the crashes less frequent?)

This may be just a coincidence, but it does seem to happen more often in Arena than in other maps, my 3 latest crashes were every time I tried to play arena, no crashes in other maps since I started disabling the Steam overlay and closing Discord

I might have to stop playing until this gets fixed because I’m loosing quite a bit of ELO and unintentionally smurfig because of it, not to mention leaving the other player without an opponent, which must be frustrating for them

for us, it happens the most on blackforest or some type of michi maps with lots of trees. but we also get the first game desync a lot.