Game crashes, results in Windows blue screen of death since new patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 62085 8752729 (if the latter number means something)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since yesterday evening, when I tried playing on the new patch, my game has randomly crashed 3 times, with a blue screen of death following about a minute after that. In the brief period of time between the game crash and the windows crash, I was unable to launch the game again (said that DirectX 11 is missing, but that doesn’t mean much, as it gives that error in a lot of cases, and a PC restart fixes it).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 75% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    Well, it happened 1 time while trying to get in a game myself, during the loading screen of the map itself, and 2 times when attempting to spectate a game. I have been able to play exactly 1 game without it happening. Spectating isn’t possible.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open AoE2
  2. Launch a game or a rec
  3. It crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Not crashing, I guess

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

The important part is:
Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
What failed: nvlddmkm.sys (I believe)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

MP Replay v101.101.62085.0 @2022.06.04 130303 (1).aoe2record (971.3 KB)

nvlddmkm sounds like a graphical issue? was there any sudden shutdown may cause system file corruption which resulted in game been affected?

maybe try a dual boot with fresh OS to see if that persist, or if you got a backup image that was in good condition.

I play everything else fine, my PC works more than well enough. This is absolutely an issue of AoE2 and yes I am aware it’s the display driver being broken.

all they would probably ask is to ask you try different version of drivers. I doubt they’d bother about it if majority of players have no problem with other versions. it is a pain for sure though, considering it wasnt like this before.

Hi @ElizaKolmakov !
I’m sorry you are having these issues.
Can you try to verify your files in the Steam Library? Age of Empires II → Right button → Properties → Local files
Can you update windows and graphic card drivers?
If the issue persists, reply on this thread for further instructions :slight_smile:
Thanks for the report!