Game crashes right at the begining of the match

If you are using Parallels in macOS Big Sur, change Parallels settings to “Game” mode. No more crashes for me. Make sure your windows, Parallels and macOS is fully updated. I didn’t mess with any other settings.

1 Like

I have the same issue, and the newest patch fixed basically nothing…

2 Likes

Do we need to submit a new request if the patch did not fix it?

2 Likes

I guess we have to send again all users one by one our reports/feedback, that the crashing issue still persists, otherwise they would think that they fixed it. :rofl::joy: I am bored reading comments and posts in AoE2 pages and groups in FB about these crashes…

3 Likes

I did. But I guess the evidence is still the same.

No logs get created when the game crashes

1 Like

I am not able to find the new hotfix update on steam. Do you guys have the latest update on steam? v45185

1 Like

Ok my bad. As I understand, 2 hotfixes were release on the same day. 45185 which was reported on the new section and 2nd hotfix, 45340 which i have no idea what it does yet, didnt find any info. Anyone tried it?

1 Like

I believe there was a second hotfix to address new game breaking bugs like heated shot and siege engineers adding too much attack. I don’t think it has an impact on the crashes, though.

1 Like

Still crashes after this hotfix! Please spend some more time on this!

3 Likes

Day 19

Hello folks! How have you been doing?

2 Likes

We are almost there, folks, 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I stopped posting it because a moderator said it was overly promotional :man_shrugging:

Day 20

1 Like

Day 21

Will they extend the current event again?

We will have to wait and see…

1 Like

As a reminder, the best way to report crashes and only way to receive the one-on-one support is to contact the support team. While posting to the forum is a fantastic way to discuss and explore solutions as a community, it is not an easy or reliable place to collect details leading up to the crash. Our agents are both technically skilled and know exactly what kind of information will help our team address the issue for everyone affected.

If you experience the same problem after a fix is pushed to the game, I’d recommend bumping your support ticket so the team can continue to follow up and count the number of users affected by the issue.

3 Likes

Locking thread. Impacted users should contact support for assistance.