Game crashes right at the begining of the match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: Linkdeles
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Game crashes at the begining of the match. I’m lucky if I get to village 9th. The game freezes but I can still her the birds passing by. After that screen turns white and windows asks me if I want to wait or close the program. Happens in multiplayer, AI, Campaings, ranked benchmark test.

I’ve already submitted multiple request for support. Am I the only one ion this forum with that problem?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1 start match
2 game freezes in the next couple of seconds

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I want to play again

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

13 Likes

Same issue here, there is another post about this topic, but just like discussion not a formal bug report.

How do I make it a formal bug report?

You did the rigth thiong, just the other thread is not formal.
(You made a little mistake in the reproduction steps area, since the original numbers are still there… but its formal enough for this forum)

I have the exact same problem it crashes a second or two into the game. I have reinstalled still crashes. Un-tick the mods still crashes. How do we make a formal bug report???

it crashes all the time!!!

1 Like

Same here…1 out of 2 computers is doing this every single time!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.0 6115729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After updating the game today and downloading the Lords of the West DLC, the game crashes the entire system every single time I start a match. Reproduced even in “typical” 1v1 arabia Skirmish mode against AI. This forces me to turn my PC off/on because all of the resources end up used up.

Alt-tabbing to task manager shows that CPU and GPU end up growing towards 100% usage within the first minute of the game, before the crash occurs.

My system information:

• Nvidia GTX 1080ti OC 11GB
  • intel i7 7700k
  • 16GB RAM
  • Playing on Samsung SSD.

Note: A friend has told me the exact same thing happens to them.
Note 2: Could possibly be related to Game crashes right at the begining of the match

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select Skirmish mode
  2. Start game with any conditions, civilization, map etc.
  3. Play normally until the game crashes within the first few minutes.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game does not use up 100% CPU and GPU and does not crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

I am unable to attach an image because my PC literally dies when this happens.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your report. The only difference is that am able to close the program and go back to windows. That’s why I took the screenshot.

Some Steam users and I believe this might affect users that pre-purchased the DLC: It’s my case. I don’t know if it’s yours too

1 Like

I have also pre-purchased the DLC. However I have also tried reinstalling the game altogether, but the issue persists.

As for the reason why you can close the program and I cannot, it could either be that my system behaves differently to yours and crashes altogether; or it could be a different issue. Can you tell me what your CPU and GPU usage is at the moment of the crash? Just start a game and as soon as it breaks press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and read the percentages above CPU and GPU columns.
(Sorry if this sounds patronizing I am just trying to provide as much information as possible in hopes of speeding things up)

Exact same problem here. Game crashes every time i try to play. 2-3 seconds after the map loads. It happened after updating to latest version 44725.

3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

I used to play perfectly fine with previous version on ultra settings and top resolution.

DEVELOPERS FIXX THIS !!! NOWWW!!!

1 Like

it crashes every game :frowning:

1 Like

same, i reinstal windows, reinstal game, all same… fix that!!!

Hello everyone! The team is investigating this issue following Update 44725. Since it is affecting some players and not others, the most helpful thing you can do is reach out to our support team so they can work with you one-on-one:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/requests/new

Please do your best to provide the following details to them:

In the meantime, the team is looking at the information they have to determine whether there is a common cause amongst everyone: be it antivirus disruptions, game file issues, or hardware/driver issues that interfering with the launch of the game.

Will update the thread if/when I learn more!

Facing same problem, I thought it was because I was running on a mac via Parallels Desktop. Never had any issues before.

I don’t have crashes so far, but looking at performance and GPU and Power Usage, this is really worrying. It has never happened before, and now, it eats my PC, so I don’t even want to play the game, even though, crashes are not happening.

It happens exactly the same!!! I want to play again

UPDATE: I have noticed that the issue disappears when I turn vsync ON in the graphics options screen. The same does not help my friend however, but he does have a less powerful rig if that is relevant.

Problem is the same for me even with Vsync On, and I have a great PC, everything updated.

Exact same problem here!