Game Crashes To Desktop After 15 minutes of play No Error Message Radeon RX 560 OC 4gb card

Game Version: Latest

• Build: Intel i5-4660 CPU 3.2ghz 8gb DDR 3 RAM Radeon RX 560 4gb card
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Brollyzeven

Issue:

Today, I upgraded my Geforce GTX 460. I replaced it because it could only play Age of Empires 2 DE on very low settings. Other than that, the game was completely stable. I replaced it with Radeon RX 560 4gb card.

After replacing the card, uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, installing and updating the radeon drivers. I played a single player skirmish against Extreme difficulty AI

15 minutes into the game, the game goes completely crashes, no error messages or anything, straight to desktop as if the game had never ran. I couldn’t find anything on Windows event viewer.

Clearly, it has something to do with the new card I assume.

Reproduction Steps:

Play Age Of Empires 2 DE for longer than 15 minutes.

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)
  2. … Use my system build, extreme difficulty AI, Ludicrous size map, infinite resources

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

Not related with the issue but I wanna point that Im playing with graphics on high with a gt 1030 which is very similar in performance, maybe its the memory size?

Graphics memory is 4gb. Computer memory is 8gb

Try it again in a different scenario and if it doesnt crash again your graphics card isnt the problem.

I have the exact issue you described but with a gtx 1080, i7 9700k, 32 gb ram. The game crashes to the desktop with no error report. This has been happening to me since the last patch and I can find no solution. I haven’t changed any hardware around and drivers are up to date.

Without the extreme AI turned on, my game doesn’t crash but after about 15 minutes I start getting 6 to 12fps. With the extreme AI turned on it crashes.

Without the extreme AI turned on, my game doesn’t crash but after about 15 minutes I start getting 6 to 12fps. With the extreme AI turned on it crashes.