Game crashes when loading into single or multiplayer game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 13.27885
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When loading into a single or multiplayer skirmish/ranked match, I get to the stage with the map name and player names and flags and civ jingle beginning, then the game closes and the error report pops up before the map and starting units etc appear. This is strange because I haven’t heard of anyone else having this bug but I haven’t had a lot of issues with crashes in the past; I’ve verified game files and reinstalled but it still happens

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Click play on any single player skirmish, or find a match in ranked queue. It happens 100% of the time for me but I don’t know if it does for others

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I should be able to play a game

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

N/A as I can’t start a game

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• N/A as I can’t start a game
1 Like

I have experienced the same issue when loading up a skirmish single player match.

I have verified the integrity of game files. Still crashes.

Uninstalled the explorer skin custom pack, that I just bought.

Updated steam. Still the game crashes.

@Nessie1187 @FaithfulStar407 disable mods.

3 Likes

Ah Eaglemut you legend!

Thank you mate :grinning:

1 Like