Game Crashes When Loading Saved Game in "Siege of Vilnius"

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest (where do I get #?)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Game Crashes When Loading Saved Game in “Siege of Vilnius”

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

*** 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)**

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. try to load a saved game in Siege of Vilnius, game immediately crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

game shouldn’t crash

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

no picture available as game crashes

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @TippedStudent65

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue.
Could you also tell us more about the Game information? (which game build, steam or MS store, Operating system?)

Can you send to us the minidumps (.mdmp) that correspond to the day where this happened? Those could be found here:

“C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs”

and have this format

“AoE2DESteam-58115-2022.01.19-15.05.33.mdmp”

Windows 10, Steam, game is latest version. Link to mdmp here AoE2DESteam-62085-2022.06.22-09.42.16.mdmp - Google Drive

I have tried several different save points, same results - immediate crash. Also having this exact problem with Hautevilles level 3, which some users have reported.

Still having the problem, despite uninstalling and reinstalling entire game, and installing latest Nvidia drivers. I’m surprised this is the only one having this problem. Am including link to mini dump and other .txt crash log files.

AoE2DESteam-62085-2022.06.22-22.01.52.mdmp - Google Drive (mdmp file)

Hi, @TippedStudent65

Thank you for your logs! after further investigation we are already tracking this issue.
I will add your logs to our internal tracking software :slight_smile:

It was fixed as of yesterday’s update, thanks devs!