These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- **GAME BUILD #:101.101.50292.0 6958215 ######
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After today’s update, if I try to load a saved game from before the patch, the whole game crashes without any visible error. I understand that usually after upgrades you get “out of sync” errors or something like that, but now there’s not even an error. The games just closes while in the loading screen after selecting a saved game to load.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Click Single Player
- Click Load Game
- Click “Replays” tab.
- Select a replay file from before the latest patch.
- Click Load Replay
- The game closes without any error.
I was supposed to load the saved game. Maybe see an error if it’s incompatible.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
- I would upload a file, but I’m getting “Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.” But it happens with any old saved game (*.aoe2record)