Game crashes while loading match in TG

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.8319.0 (#73855) 10078593
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I began experiencing crashes in the team game lobby when playing with my friends in ranked. After finding a match and transitioning to the loading screen the players do not load on my screen, all I see is the picture with 3 kings and after 5 seconds I am transfered back to the main menu. In the game it counts as a resign. This is really annoying because I cant play with friends, I lose points and one time I also got banned because the game crashed 3 times in a row. It doesnt happen every game but it is starting to be more and more common. This never happened to me in a 1v1 match.

(You can see in image what I get when the match starts. As you can see the player names do not appear on the left)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 30 - 40 % when I queue with my friends (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Join a party and look for a teamgame with my friends.
  2. Match found, wait to start.
  3. Players do not load and I am redirected to the main menu.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Play the game normally…

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• -NA

Good morning DE devs, I made the mistake to post this bug during the weekend so I am just bumping it to the top again. Wish you a successful week. <3

Hello @Boxxhenizeel !
What you are experiencing here is not a crash. Crashing means the game closes unexpectedly.
The problem is that one or more of the players are exiting the queue when loading.

Hello @ Felizon89
Is not it so that if somebody exits the queue the game won’t start at all? Because for everybody else the game starts, except me. As I already explained after a match is found and 1 min passes and we go to the loading screen I do not see the players loading on the left (as you can see in the screenshot) and then I am just reduirected to the main menu of the game. In-game I am marked as defeated without even getting the chance to play. This is happening more and more often. Please help me get to the bottom of this as it is incredibly annoying not being able to play with my friends.
Thanks in advance!

Could you record me a video? You can send it using gofile.io :slight_smile:

I guess I can but it might take a few days as I have to queue with friends a number of times and wait for the bug to appear. In any case I will upload it when it does.

1 Like

Hello @ Felizon89

Finally, I have a video representing my issue.

In the game I appear as defeated.

Regards

Hello Devs, do I need to provide amything else?