Game crashes without error after a while in game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.42346.0 (#107882)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After a while in a game (skirmish or campaign) the game just closes. No error message and nothing in the log files either. I have tried disabling all mods, verifying game file and a reinstall but it still happens.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    It happens every match if the match last long enough, I haven’t actually timed it but it feels like around the 30-40 min mark that the game crashes

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play any match
  2. play for 30-40 min
  3. the game crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game doesn’t crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I can’t attach a picture of the game crashing, and since it’s irregular when it crashes a video link is also very inconvenient

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @yinx
Do you have Nvidia, Discord or Steam overlays enabled? Any third party antivirus? If so, try adding the whole folder of the game to the exception list and disabling overlays.
Thanks for the report.