Game crashing every match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
While i’m playing a match, either multiplayer or singleplayer, at some point the game closes to desktop without any error messages. It’s more likely to happen when there’s a high quantity of units spawned.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a match, play normal, spawn units

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Not crash, since my machine has high specs.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

not applicable

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• don’t have. I have some logs, but can’t upload since i’m new on the forums

computer specs? if every game closes when lots of unit could be ram issue along with game settings. low spec on 4k for example could cause lots of problem.

I don’t think it’s memory. My PC has 16mb RAM, i7-3770 (not that great but ok), AMD RX 480

1 Like

Hey @ErrantTen115120
Did you try verifying your folders on steam? Did you try reinstalling the game?

Yes, didn’t solve. Can I upload a log?

You issue sounds very similar to mine: Frequent drop to desktop during multiplayer matches - #15 by Thw0rted

I don’t have a solution either. I noticed it seems to happen more often in an “real” online server versus when I’m hosting on LAN, but I’ve had it happen in all sorts of cases, and my daughter actually just had it happen a few minutes ago during a tutorial mission (!). There are logs in the log directory, I attached a few of mine but I never got any useful feedback. (Do the devs even actually monitor these reports?)

Yes, uploading logs and minidumps would be helpful for us to track this issue. Thanks for the help!

Well, still can’t upload logs. But I think my problem is solved. My pc had an overclock that, somehow, was unstable with AOE2, I tunned down the overclock and it’s working just fine. Maybe was a problem with memory, because people suggested changing virtual memory. I don’t know the relationship with the game engine and pc memory, but the overclock is not a good deal with this game.

1 Like