Game doesn't remember mission on campaign has been completed (twice!)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 7314341
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I have completed a missions, twice now might I add, but it does not show it as completed and I cannot start the next one.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Complete “Family Affairs” mission in the Algirdas and Kestutis campaign on one computer. Close AoE:II right after completion and turn off computer
  2. Log onto AoE:II on another computer, realise mission is not completed so do it again. Shut down AoE:II and computer after completing
  3. Log back into AoE:II on first computer to realise mission is not showing as completed there either.

One thing to note: when I was loading up AoE:II this third time it was telling me that it was still open elsewhere (it categorically wasn’t as the other computer was turned off at this point).

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Family affairs mission shows as completed and I can do the next one.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Proof of getting the achievement at the end of this mission (and therefore proving I have completed the mission):

I would also post an image that shows the mission does now show as completed in-game but I can’t post more than one image as a new user… :roll_eyes:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Alarmingly I cannot find the recordings. It is almost as if it didn’t do any.

Hey @Jabark22 ,
if you try to restart the game after finishing the scenario on the same computer, is the mission completed?

It’s my lunch break now, so I’ll try this out and do the mission again

So I’ve just finished it again in my lunch break, as shown here:

Will now close the game and re-open.

Upon reopening on the same PC, it is now showing as completed.

Just checked 2nd PC, also showing as completed.

I’ve been having this same issue and even completed the campaign and yet it doesn’t save it after exiting. And I’m not using multiple pcs

1 Like

Hey, that definitely should happen, did you try verifying the game or reinstalling it? Does this happen always to you?

Every single time I play. I’ll try to verify

so tried verifying and reinstalling. neither helped.

@MatCauthon3
So if i understand correctly; once you successfully finish a campaign scenario the mission will not look completed in the campaign menu?

Yes it will look finished. But if I exit aoe2 and restart its empty again. All my old progress is still saved (basically everything pre dotd
So for example I have the achievement for completing the polish campaign. But if I open aoe2 the polish campaign shows no progress

Ok, in that case please contact our support team here Submit a request – Age of Empires Support , so we can investigate what is happening. Please include your DxDiag and logs . Steps to find those are here: How to find information for troubleshooting with Support – Age of Empires Support.
Hope they will be able to help you
Have a nice day