Game doesn't save any settings/progress after exiting & restarting

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

GAME BUILD: Version 101.101.44725.0 6115729 (as shown in the main menu)
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Every time I exit the game and restart it, all previous changed didn’t save.
2 Examples:

• Campaigns don’t save any progress. Yesterday I finished the first 2 levels of the Longshanks campaign and didn’t save on the 3rd level, because I expected it to be available through the campaign menu afterwards. After an hour I started the game again, thinking I could continue playing where I stopped, but all my progress in the Longshanks campaign was gone. I can only select the first level.

• When trying to start a skirmish vs AI I set some settings like game mode, my faction, enemy faction, turbo, etc. After exit & restarting the game all these settings are also reset to the previous settings I used before.

So it just seems like the game doesn’t save any changes made while playing at all, like campaign progress and skirmish settings. Unlike other posts I read before, my progress of older campaigns is still there and every level has a medal for completition.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start game
  2. Change settings
  3. Close game and restart
  4. Previously changed settings gone (same for campaign progress)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I expected the settings to save and my progress in the campaigns not to be lost.

:arrow_forward: Video

YouTube

What I did in the video:
Start game, open skirmish, change settings to whatever, close skirmish, open again to see if changes got saved (for now), restart game, see that settings didn’t save

1 Like

I have the same issue. First became aware of it in mid January when the game didn’t “save” progress in campaign-mods