Game feature suggestion: removing one unit out of selection

Why should it be implemented:

For many times, I want to select a specific amount of units, like 8 villagers. Currently it can’t be done very easily in this game.

Inspiration from:

They are billions

feature description:

Select any amount of units, like 10 villagers. Hold “Alt” (Or any remappable key) and click the unit icon in the bottom left window to decrease the number of selected units by 1. Therefore, if I want to select 8 villagers and I accidently select 10, all I need to do is to hold “Alt” and click the villager icon twice.

11 Likes

This is a very good suggestion.

currently it is done with shift + click on the unit you want to deselect

Yeah, but to select 8 villagers crowded near town center is a very challenging thing. Especially when you select 12 vils and you want to make it 8.

Ctrl+click in the selection panel removes the unit you clish. Ctrl+Shift+Click removes all units of the same type. Click selects only the unit you click. Shift-Click selects the subset of matching type. You can also unselect a specific unit in the viewport by holding Ctrl (or was it Shift) while clicking it.

at the unit type panel, after using tab to select a type, i wish i can use keyboard hotkey “select a type only” or “remove a type” just like using ctrl or shift click.

There are many ways of implementing it. This type of control is still sorely needed in AoE4.