Game freezes and crashes during online games

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0 (132601)
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing, after some time in the online game, around 1hr 30min or more, the music stops and the game freezes and stop to respond completely. I waited 10 min and didn’t recover, having to hard close the game.

It’s game breaking, since I never know if I’m going to finish a game and leave my team by themselves. The last game, a 3 vs 3, I played quite well and was excited to finish off the other team and see the end game stats when it froze. Took all the joy away…

Played few games, 4 total, but it seems that any game that goes long enough. happened in 3 of them.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% or more of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

Apparently any team game it can happen, as long as its long enough. Didn’t try in 1v1, I enjoy team games.

5 Likes

it happens only when someone is getting defeated right ? like most of his buildings are going down

2 Likes

Not exactly, on one of the games, a 4v4, my original base and one of my allies was destroyed already, we had plenty of buildings, but i suppose it could be in a way due to building destruction, since in my last 3v3 we had finally broke into the enemy base and was taking down their buildings.
Nevertheless, my system is decent enough i7-7700hq, gtx 1050ti, 16g of ram, so it shouldn’t really freeze beyond recovery.

same happened for me in 2 games already, one of them while aging up to imperial age
(for some reason I thought its related to my cpu (i5 7300 HQ) but now I am checking your cpu which is better than mine and u still have the same problem)

Happens to me too. Me and my friends play often online 3vs3 or 4vs4…and every time in late game or when someone is getting hard attacked the game crashes and freezes. then all pcs get the crash/freeze.

Same here and its happened enough times to make this unplayable. Late game… two hours in… just when my teammate are starting to win a hard fought battle… crash. I have no idea if my teammate is left hanging or not. Its such a huge disappointment to sink that many hours in without getting the gratification of knowing whether or not we’ve won.

To me, this makes it unplayable and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that a lot of time was wasted. Its worse than being handed a fair defeat. The amount of attention, time, and effort thrown into a battle can be tremendous and after all that, the game suffers a crash w/no error displayed.

I won’t bore anyone with my system specs but my system can run Flight Simulator on the highest setting w/o issue. It also doesn’t crash after long (2+ hours) flight sessions.

At the very least, I would like an error displayed or a caught exception that displays a message stating something went wrong. This way, I’m not staring the frozen screen for 10mins wondering what the heck happened.

now I went to the game twice, and two times it was thrown right out of the menu, this has not happened yet, what did they do with the game, that there are two students working on it ??? I have the feeling that it is.

I have the same problem. I play till end game and I can’t finish the game. The game freezes for everyone and crashes.

It happens everyday every game that goes far from 20minutes… Hope will be fixed soon!