Game freezes frequently for a few frames and catches up afterwards

I have been having this issue a lot to a point where the game is frozen for seconds and therefore unplayable. I tried changing the windows graphic settings to high performance and reinstalled the game onto a ssd but still no improvement. What surprises me the most is that i’ve played the game on my old computer and everything went fine so it cant be system performance. Also none of my friends seem to have this problem.

These are my specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1070ti
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB ddr4 3000mhz
MSI X470 gaming plus
Samsung 970 evo plus
Win 10 64bit

I had the same and I think I found the fix, at least for me. I moved the game folder from my secondary M.2 (970 EVO) drive to the OS M.2 Drive (also a 970 EVO), so your standard C:/ drive. The stutters have dramatically decreased/disappeared since then. Not sure if you have it installed already on the OS drive, but this seems to have done the trick for me.

My benchmark always ran perfectly perfectly and it was just in-game that was acting up. (1080TI, 8700k, 32G 3200mhz RAM).

thanks for the quick reply but that sadly didnt do the trick for me

Ok, the definitive fix for me was to turn off Record Games. I’m not sure if it’s possible to turn off Ranked Recordings, but for Custom games this definitely did the trick for me. My GPU usage does not dip every 15 seconds anymore (presumably that was the Record Game File updating?).

That solved my issue thank you very much. Do you have an idea how to solve the issue so that you can still record the game via in game recorder? Before the freezes recording always worked so shouldnt it still be possible, or is the problem specifically related to hard/software?

I also found that this solved my problem. It seems to be due to my antivirus (I use Malwarebytes). When I disable my antivirus, the problem goes away.

Holy ■■■■, Malwarebytes. I’ve uninstalled it and now FINALLY all the stutters and freezes are gone. Thanks!

Yeah that seems to solve it completely, thank you!