Game freezes then disconnects

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.42346.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I start a multiplayer game as normal, then the game freezes for about 1-3 minutes, then it speeds up, and then appears a message saying that I was disconnected. This has happened starting this year and it’s getting worse.

There is no apparent Internet issue, I can alt+tab and open any website, and it just works

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a multiplayer game (it is usually the first of the day)
  2. Play normally

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I can play without disconnecting

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.102.42346.0 @2024.03.15 151823 (4).aoe2record (3.0 MB)

Hi @S73R304C71V0
You are experiencing rubberbanding, so your internet connection can look fine when using your browser but you might be having packet loss somehow. Are you playing on Wifi? If so, coul you try using an ethernet cable to check if it resolves the issue?
A third party antivirus or a firewall can cause thoses issues as well.
Thanks for the report.

Hi, I was running pingplotter while playing and it doesn’t show any problems. I had experienced rubberbanding in the past, however it behaved differently. Previously it just gave me the typical spike lag that lasted last than a second, but the game didn’t freeze longer than that

We’ll investigate this issue, thanks for the report.