Game is right now unplayable (due to trade glitch)

Hello.

Games right now are unplayable. I’ve played some games this week, and almost in every game, you can see someone putting 5 markets near neutral market, to do the trade glitch.

It’s ridiculuous, just played a game where a guy had 100k gold at min 20, where the other players, the maximum was about 10-12k gold.

Obviously, this glitcher doesn’t need to have villagers, because he can buy everything with gold, and can buy a lot of stone to simply put castles everywhere.

Most of them are people playing with mali, where doing this + landmark to get food, you simply don’t need more than 20 villagers.

You could say “well, you can do the same”. Yes, I can, but this is an exploit, and makes the game unplayable. Turns the game into “i’m going to reach imperial by buying every resource, then mass 150-180 MAA or equivalent and destroy your whole bases”.

It’s not fun to play against exploiters.

6 Likes

Play 1v1 and pressure them earlier if they go so heavy into trade.

Then you won’t have anything to complain about…:wink:

1 Like

Ignoring team games as a “solution” of this doesn’t seem like a good solution.

This needs to be solved ASAP.

One can get to imperial in less than 10 minutes with infinite gold doing this. What’s the difference between doing this exploit and hacking the game to get resources?

5 Likes

Currently its only a TG issue at low level in fact, bc during the past few weekends we saw the pros try to pull off “glitch” trade and got varying results.

However another thread was created about tbis and a dev said they are looking at this.

Personally I’d be okay with the trader having to do the full round-trip or making the “gltich” into a discount, like you onoy get half the amount on first pass sonce you only traveled half the normal distance.

Alternatively if they made it work only the “normal” way, something has to be done so traders dont lose their gold completely for being tasked to do anything causes them to stop.

it worse in teamgames because their teammates can defend them
had a guy with 6k score while everyone was on 2.5k score

2 Likes

Depending what you consider low level. I am in plat rank, and almost in everygame there is someone doing this.

The strategy is easy and uncountereable.

Just get to feudal and put every worker on wood and gold, then send a few villagers to the neutral market and another to a far point. Build 3-5-7-8 markets, as much as you can near neutral and train the traders.

If you put 5 markets, and everyone carries 300 gold (normal numbers for a long distance), you will have 1500 gold in minute 7 aprox.

Doesn’t matter if they kill some traders, clue is train as much as you can, non stop, then you can have near 5k gold at minute 12.

Even if they manage to kill the traders, you already got an advantage.

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s the reason why I have a losing streak like never before (HRE, not trading). I went down from Platinum II to Gold II, with almost no win. Close to quitting the game, because the sudden superiority of the other gamers is inexplicable.

Or I just suck, all of a sudden.

1 Like

You can check this easy checking the amount of gold he collected, or directly checking if he has put markets near neutral market.

Yesterday I’ve played a game where a guy collected 50k gold, having 40 villagers. Me, playing as HRE and collecting 6 relics, and having 20 villagers on gold, collected 45k.

And he lost the game, because I’ve flooded his base with MAA and landscheneckts and killed near all his buildings and almost all the traders and the markets. Even doing this, he collected more gold than me, cutting his trade routes like 5-10 minutes before he surrendered.

1 Like

I play only rush mode now, often I have success if another teammate follow me in this rush.
If let them trade booming is over

2 Likes

Only noticed this glitch during week. Watching out for it now and a lot of people seem to use in gold for whats it’s worth.

I am guess its not frowned appon by pros or it wouldn’t be so many using it.

I also have noticed it more recently. I think the idea is if there is a bug, people will abuse it.

1 Like

which civ they play and what is the glitch i didnt understand

It can be done with any civ, but mainly they go Mali, as they can put towers along the route and get also tons of food.

2 Likes

yes they need to move mali tower landmark to age 3 or 4 but on other nations it is not that big problem you need to make big invesment for that meanwhile trade gonna get nef this patch

In case anyone is still confused:

It’s especially bad with Malians because with the tower landmark they don’t even need to complete 1 trip. They pick up gold right away from the exploit then give a cut to 2 towers and that already pays for the cost of the trader. So they can just continuously produce traders and if they die, nothing’s lost. If it reaches a third tower or across the map, you gain enormous resources early.

But it’s still a problem with other civs. Abba traders are 40/40 and have access to trade buffs in feudal. And in the next patch they will spawn traders immediately upon aging up. Similarly, Ottoman feudal landmark spawns 2 traders immediately. Likely can complete at least one half-trip before the enemy can possibly punish it.

2 Likes

yes but other civs are more punishable then mali and abba trading wont be a so much problem in the new patch because they have better choices

Btw the problem with Mali is the safest and easiest fast castle of the game. You can just keep in your base protected by landmark and eat cows till castle, then spam musofadi at a discount and that’s all…

Mali has certain unbalanced strats, like fast castle and trade glitch.

1 Like

Ive found rushing Feudal, immediately dropping stables and making 3-4 horsemen waypointed straight to the market location in team games always delays the malian player by a lot. Usually they have their villager on the way to building the market (or barely built the first market by then) and you can easily kill the villager and torch the market down. Usually players who use this exploit go super greedy and it takes them a long time to wait for their allies to come and get rid of your horses so they can build their market (or reluctantly build barracks themselves and start making units), and in that time you can get ahead eco wise and then keep up the pressure.

2 Likes

i have read a lot of this glitch but i still cant understand it, if the market is next to neutral market how can you accrue so much gold? wouldn’t it be just 1 coin haha since its right next to it so no travel distance?? where do the 100K gold come from then??

This glitch is as bad as ever and it’s hard to find a Platinum level game where someone isn’t straight up abusing this exploit. Lesser skilled players are winning games due to having multiplied amounts of gold from this god awful “strategy.” It’s 100% ruining team games. Does anyone know if this exploit is fixed with the upcoming season on Feb 16?