Game is trying to download 34 mods at once idk how to stop it

Hi,
i have 34 mods downloading constantly for past 5 days. I cant download new mods because old ones cant download. Is there any way to stop the downloads pleaae ? restart it somehow.

I tryed changing download region, clearing download cache on steam. It didnt worked. I dont want to reinstal steam because of it yet. my internet connection is slow. maybe thats why its not downloading ? Io pt out of Steam Beta Fix: Steam Workshop not Downloading Mods - Appuals.com as this article said.

Is there a way to solve this without reinstalling the steam please ?
Thank you. i would like to play some mods again.

its said that if your window account has non-english characters in them, theres a bug currently prevent download from complete if such character is there. make new window account with only english letters for now and download would work.

1 Like

my windows account has only english characters. i dont think thats the issue here. maybe devs will fix it somehow ? adding cancel button on downloads would be nice. 11

then please let them know. most of the workaround ive seen is make new account with only english character in them so there are clearly problem outside of what they described.

@IkoKnight8151 looks like there are players who only has english character in their account name but still unable to subscribe.

Hi @Jurydas

Would it be possible to unsubscribe from said mods?
Is there anything stopping you from unsubscribing to mods?

Hi

Mods need to download before i can unsubscribe.
But they are not downloading properly for some reason.
Sooo i am kinda stuck.

Some mods failed to download And i could unsubscribe but These mods arent failing. I had more mods like 100 And most od them failed to download And i deleted them but these 34 Are not failing.
Help pls

try to unsubscribe on the website here and see if that helps

I tryed didnt helped

Unfortunately the only thing that you might be able to do here that i can think of is trying to install the game on another pc/network and hope it installs there. then you can unsubscribe them. The issue of mods not downloading is a known issue and is being tracked.

If you are out of ideas, try contacting support:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Good luck!

I will try it thanks for help.

Downloading the game on sisters notebook helped And i can unsubscribe from mods Now.

Your advice helped but i can’t download mods still.
34 mods Are gone though.
The game Is downloading the mods from one device to the second like i subscribe to the mod on my PC And mod Is downloaded on the notebook. I want it on PC not notebook.
Thanks a lot

seriously the engine should stop force syncing mods to people’s account.

that way w/e is downloaded will stay and people can choose to unsub and wont force download 34 mods all at sametime with new pc and wont have a bunch of issue where mods fail download.

Hi
after the last update i can play mods again.
nice
thanks devs :slight_smile: