Game is unplayable online, congratulations to devs

this is my pc:
i7-7700k
gtx 1080
32 gb ram
ssd
2560*1440

Game contnues to crash, freeze, lag, stutter, eat 15-20 gb of ram (I have 32 gb of ram, never seen an application that use 20 gb of ram in Windows) and is unplayable in online match. I had to return to HD version. Congratulations to devs.

4 Likes

Disabling enhanced graphics (UHD) should help

1 Like

I disabled dlc, it use less ram but lag/stutter/freeze/crash again. Game should not be released in this state. I understand that Microsoft wanted to celebrate 20 years since the release of the game, but they should have given time to the developers to optimize it.

2 Likes

Also, try these tips and these to see if they help.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

what?

This is what happen when you play a match online

You can play 5, 10 or even 20-25 minutes, but the result, in 90% of cases, is this:

Age_of_Empires_II_Definitive_Edition_(Not_Respond%20-%20Copy

2 Likes

Have you updated your drivers? Video card? Bios?

1 Like

Have you updated your drivers? Video card? Bios?

LOL, are you serious?

Yes, that lowered my ram usage in half.

Can you play at 1080 with no crash? Im guessing the 1440p is the problem here

Can you play at 1080 with no crash? Im guessing the 1440p is the problem here

I have not tried, this makes no sense

Using lower resolution makes it much easier for computer to run the game. Although it seems, that you have some sort of an issue, which causes game to run very bad on good hardware.

What’s the “LOL” factor in this? Have you done it already or don’t you care about it?

For me the game is more playable online than any other version of AoE2. More fun AND less lag.

4 Likes

yeah, I’ve got the exact same issue.
20-30 minutes into a multiplayer game, the game starts to freeze/not respond several times.
Until now I could always “wait for the program”, but it definitely sucks.

“Thanks DE!”