Game keep crashing these few days

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
whole game closed when playing around 15-20 minitues

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Ranking queue for 3v3/4v4
  2. Playing around 15-20minitues

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I am having the same problem it started today

Disabled all mod and added few mod that important, game seems running normally today, keep observing.

1 Like

My game has been crashing every time I play the last week. I get to about the 12-20 minute mark in a game and it glitches hard and shuts the game down. Steam is still open and the computer still running fine, but the game closes. I also watched back the game I drop from and at the same point there is an error code that launches within the game chat and the game will actually drop again while spectating.

I try everything I know to do, manually going through the different drivers and making sure they are up to date, checking the efficaciously of the game files, reinstalling the game, clearing space as well as monitoring my processor during the game for some sort of failure, but no good.

I firmly believe this is a aoe game server issue as local play is unaffected. Also the error code that read was something along the lines of failed __ server.

Microsoft 10 operating system
Steam

Deleting all my mods seems to have fixed my problem. Only played 3 games to test my theory so far though.

Did the game generated mdump files when these crashes occured? These could be very helpful for us to track the root of the issue, you can find them here: C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs.