Game keeps recording

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION aoe2 de

• **BUILD 101.101.40874.00
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

Here is the problem I’m experiencing… I only ever play one player games against the computer and never online. I uncheck the record game checkbox, but it still records my games. I have even disconnected from the net and played and still the game keeps recording.

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure, but I think this issue also happened to me before 40874 update.

I am not sure but for campaigns you need to uncheck a box in options menu.

1 Like

What do you mean by recording here ? Do you mean uploaded to your online profile ? Or just that a recorded file is created locally ?

A recording is made on the computer, in my saved recordings folder.

1 Like

Ok we are clear. What is your problem with this, if I may ask ?

The game keeps recording even when not selecting such option.

Thank you for the report! I’ve passed along this information to our Test team so they can try to reproduce the issue themselves. :+1:

1 Like

The fact that the game automatically creates a recorded file was implemented for various reasons, including but not limited to easier bug tracking. The recorded files is still very small, and it gets overwritten every time so there is no risk if it taking too much space. If that is also a concern, recording doesn’t have any impact on performance.

There really is no downside (or at least that I can see) to having a temporary rec created, but if that bothers you then maybe there could be an option for it.